7-year-old Bedouin girl only known casualty with life threatening injuries in Iran's attack on Israel

The girl was struck in the head by shrapnel, making her the only known person with life-threatening injuries from the attack.

ad-image

After the early morning attack on Israel from Iran on Sunday, 7-year-old Amina al-Hassouni, who was struck in the head by shrapnel, is the only known person with life-threatening injuries from the event.

According to The Times of Israel, the girl was transported to the Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba and is fighting for her life after she had surgery to treat a serious head wound.

The girl's father Mohammed told the outlet that a piece of shrapnel from an intercepted missile fell onto their home in the town of Bedouin in southern Israel. "It fell on us into the house at around 2 in the morning," he said.

"She was sleeping in the house and we immediately took her to Soroka hospital,” her father added.

The Soroka Hospital told the outlet that it had treated eight other people with minor injuries after they had been hit by shrapnel. Israel's emergency medical service, Magen David Adom, said it was dispatched to treat and care for 31 people who were all in good condition after suffering anxiety symptoms or injuries while sheltering from the attack.

On Saturday, Iran launched a total of 170 drones, 30 cruise missiles, and 120 ballistic missiles at Israel of which 99 percent were intercepted, according to Israel Defense Forces spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari.

Iran's UN council stated the attack was in response to an Israeli airstrike on the country's consulate in Damascus, which killed two generals and several members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' Quds Force.

In a statement, the regime said, "The matter can be deemed concluded. However, should the Israeli regime make another mistake, Iran’s response will be considerably more severe. It is a conflict between Iran and the rogue Israeli regime, from which the U.S. MUST STAY AWAY!"

The Biden administration reportedly told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, "You got a win. Take the win" and that the United States would not support an offensive operation against Iran.


Image: Title: Iran Israel

Opinion

View All

Drone strike targets UAE nuclear plant as Trump warns Iran 'the clock is ticking'

"The United Arab Emirates has condemned in the strongest terms the unprovoked terrorist attack."...

'We will continue to kill': Islamic State tells followers to use Bondi Beach massacre as 'instruction manual' for 'honor of Islam'

“The Sydney attack was only a pebble from a mountain; we will continue to kill, by the permission of ...

Croatia brings historic anthem denouncing Ottoman, Islamic occupation of their land to Eurovision—Turkey lodges protest

Turkish media and some on social media criticized the performance and have been pushing back against ...

BREAKING: Eight injured after man of African origin plows car into crowd in Italy, stabs at least one person

The suspect, who has not been publicly identified, is a 31-year-old Italian citizen of African origin...