"The United Arab Emirates has condemned in the strongest terms the unprovoked terrorist attack targeting an electricity generator outside the inner perimeter of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in Al Dhafra region, carried out by a drone that entered the country's territory from the west border direction, without causing any injuries or any impact on radiation safety levels," the UAE said in a statement responding to the attack.
The drone strike sparked a fire on the edge of the UAE's lone nuclear power plant on Sunday. No injuries or radiation release were reported. "The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) affirmed that these attacks constitute a dangerous escalation, an unacceptable act of aggression, and a direct threat to the country's security."
"The Ministry stressed that the targeting of peaceful nuclear energy facilities is a flagrant violation of international law, the UN charter, and the principles of humanitarian law, given the grave risks such acts pose to civilians, the environment, as well as regional and international security. The Ministry further emphasized that relevant international standards and agreements, including the principles and relevant resolutions of the International Atomic Energy Agency, underscore the necessity of protecting peaceful nuclear facilities and safeguarding their safety and security from any hostile acts or military threats," the UAE added in the statement.
The strikes come as President Donald Trump warned earlier on Sunday that "the clock is ticking" in a phone call with Axios, warning that if the Iranian regime does not come up with a better deal, "they are going to get hit much harder."
The UAE said that the one drone was one of three that entered the country's airspace "from the western border direction." The other two were intercepted.
President Trump has been pressuring the Iranians to come to the table to make a deal over the last few weeks. Although the UAE did not blame Iran directly, diplomatic adviser Anwar Gargash hinted at Tehran over the attack.




