img

Conor McGregor appears to tease presidential run in Ireland

"Ireland, your president."

ad-image
UFC champion and MMA legend Conor McGregor sparked speculation that he could be considering a presidential run in Ireland after he posted a picture of himself to X Monday with the caption "Ireland, your president."



McGregor recently received overwhelming support on social media after he spoke out against the Irish government's response to an attack involving an Algerian immigrant who stabbed 3 children and 1 woman at random at a school. 

Riots in which people were protesting the country's lax immigration laws ensued, and Irish Garda commissioner Drew Harris blamed them on a “lunatic, hooligan faction driven by far-right ideology” in his statement to the press.

McGregor, who is from and lives in Dublin, was quick to use his platform to emphasize that it was a “mentally deranged non national in Dublin, Ireland” who carried out the attack and warned, “there is grave danger among us in Ireland that should never be here in the first place.”

"Innocent children ruthlessly stabbed by a mentally deranged non-national in Dublin, Ireland today. Our chief of police had this to say on the riots in the aftermath. Drew, not good enough. There is grave danger among us in Ireland that should never be here in the first place, and there has been zero action done to support the public in any way, shape or form with this frightening fact. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Make change or make way. Ireland for the victory. God bless those attacked today, we pray," he said.

Many called on McGregor to “take charge,” as stated by Jack Posobiec.



“Run to become Taoiseach Conor,” political activist Robby Starbuck stated. “Your country needs sanity. Sanity must win or Ireland will be lost forever.”

While McGregor removed his posts, he stood by them in a powerful statement on X in which he said, "Seeing my country in flames hurts my heart," and that he'd "give my life for the peace and prosperity of Ireland. Ireland gave me everything I have, I’d give it right back if and when it calls."



McGregor was reportedly placed under investigation for "online hate speech" because of his initial post. 

After the Minister for Foreign Affairs Tanaiste Micheal Martin called the comments "absolutely disgraceful" and accused him of "essentially inciting hate," McGregor responded:

"Blame anyone but themselves ... Typical. Worthless you are Michaél. Worthless and spineless. Ryan Casey called you all out last week grieving the love of his life, stolen by pawn scum, and nothing but waffle from you all since. Zero action!"

He was referencing the recent trial over the murder of Ashling Murphey committed by a Slovak national.

Image: Title: Conor

Opinion

View All

Putin’s OnlyFans crackdown: Russia arrests porn stars in 'traditional values' purge

While pornography can legally be viewed and stored in Russia, producing and distributing it is illega...

POSOBIEC: America was founded as a sovereign nation state, not a global empire

“Go look at the Constitution and read what it says. It talks about a nation, it talks about the needs...

At least 15 rapes, sexual assaults reported in Ceuta, including attack on 10-year-old girl after migrant invasion

Three people described as brothers were allegedly caught attempting to assault a 10-year-old girl....

LIBBY EMMONS: Bumble's switch-up is right— let men do the asking

It's all well and good to say women want to be girlbosses, and yeah it's fine to be in charge, but no...