img

At least 15 rapes, sexual assaults reported in Ceuta, including attack on 10-year-old girl after migrant invasion

Three people described as brothers were allegedly caught attempting to assault a 10-year-old girl.

Three people described as brothers were allegedly caught attempting to assault a 10-year-old girl.

ad-image
Spanish authorities are investigating 15 alleged sexual assaults in Ceuta following last month’s unprecedented influx of migrants from Morocco, including a reported incident involving a 10-year-old girl.

Two suspects have been detained in connection with the cases, while at least one person has been expelled to Morocco. Spanish officials stressed that the allegations remain investigations and have not resulted in prosecutions, reports the Times.

The latest attack reportedly occurred Friday night, when three people described as brothers were allegedly caught attempting to assault a 10-year-old girl. At least five alleged victims have received treatment at a specialist hospital unit, according to authorities.

The security situation has prompted a major deployment of Spanish forces in the North African territory after another attempted influx was largely stopped over the weekend.

Moroccan authorities arrested nearly 300 people during the operation, using dogs, tear gas and baton charges to disperse groups attempting to reach Ceuta. Around 46 of those detained were Moroccan nationals, while the others were from sub-Saharan Africa.

The operation followed a much larger wave on July 30, when roughly 80,000 migrants crossed into Ceuta by walking or swimming around a breakwater. Most have since been returned to Morocco, although about 9,000 people are believed to remain in the Spanish territory.

Nearly 2,000 minors have been identified among those who arrived, with officials warning the number could potentially double. Spanish law prevents unaccompanied minors from being immediately deported. A sports center in Ceuta’s Principe neighborhood has been converted into accommodation for hundreds of girls, most of them Moroccan.

Ahmed Enfed-Dal, president of the local neighborhood association, said the arrangement was necessary to protect them. “These girls were wandering free in the city, which is very dangerous,” he said. “The authorities need to find a solution fast because we are just volunteering and we cannot look after them indefinitely.”


Image: Title: ceuta

Opinion

View All

Putin’s OnlyFans crackdown: Russia arrests porn stars in 'traditional values' purge

While pornography can legally be viewed and stored in Russia, producing and distributing it is illega...

POSOBIEC: America was founded as a sovereign nation state, not a global empire

“Go look at the Constitution and read what it says. It talks about a nation, it talks about the needs...

LIBBY EMMONS: Bumble's switch-up is right— let men do the asking

It's all well and good to say women want to be girlbosses, and yeah it's fine to be in charge, but no...