img

Islamist group claims London arson targeting former Jewish charity site

"He placed the bag next to the building and lit the items in the bag. The bottles failed to fully ignite and the man fled the scene."

"He placed the bag next to the building and lit the items in the bag. The bottles failed to fully ignite and the man fled the scene."

ad-image
Counterterrorism police in London are investigating an arson attack at a former Jewish charity site after an Islamist group claimed responsibility online. The incident happened late Friday night, and while the damage was limited, authorities say the situation is being taken seriously.

Emergency crews were called to a commercial property on Hendon Way at about 10:31 pm after reports of a fire. The location had previously housed Jewish Futures, an organization with educational and cultural ties to Israel, though it had moved out months earlier. Flats remain occupied above the ground-floor unit, reports GB News.

According to police, a suspect approached the building carrying a plastic bag containing three bottles filled with fluid. "He placed the bag next to the building and lit the items in the bag. The bottles failed to fully ignite and the man fled the scene," police said. No injuries were reported.

The group Harakat Ashab al-Yamin al-Islamia (HAYI) later claimed responsibility for the attack via Telegram. Investigators are examining possible links between the group and Iranian intelligence services. Officials say it’s not fully confirmed yet.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Vicki Evans said authorities are reviewing whether a series of recent incidents targeting Jewish-linked sites could be connected and potentially tied to Iranian proxies. This attack is the fifth claimed by HAYI in under a month.

In the past week alone, the group has also claimed involvement in a failed attempted firebombing of a synagogue in Finchley and an arson attack on the offices of Iran International, a Farsi-language broadcaster. It has further alleged responsibility for targeting the Israeli embassy in Kensington using drones, though those claims remain unverified.

Counter Terrorism Policing London confirmed that officers are leading the investigation due to similarities between recent incidents, though no direct link has been established at this time.

Commander Helen Flanagan said, "We will be relentless in our pursuit of those responsible for this and other, similar, hateful attacks against London's communities."

Image: Title: London

Opinion

View All

Trump defends cuts to US-South Korea military drills, citing Kim Jong Un ties and Seoul’s refusal to help in Iran conflict

"'No, no, we'd rather not get involved.' I said, well, why are we involved in helping you?"...

DSA's socialist paradise Sweden is actually a low-debt, pro-free market nation with tight immigration controls

After accepting more than 160,000 asylum seekers in 2015, the country moved toward one of Europe's mo...

Eritrean migrant drags elderly man behind billboard, rapes him next to church

Prosecutors said Desalagne moved the heavily intoxicated victim from a bench to a grass verge before ...