US pauses funding to UN relief agency after revelations 12 staffers were 'involved' in Oct 7 massacre

"Any UNRWA employee who was involved in acts of terror will be held accountable, including through criminal prosecution."

ad-image
Bombshell allegations that 12 United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) staffers were involved in the October 7 massacre against Israel has led to the United States suspending funding to the agency, Jewish Insider reports.

UNWRA had previously announced that several employees were terminated over new information it had been provided from Israel that revealed the connection between UNRWA employees and the attack.

"Any UNRWA employee who was involved in acts of terror will be held accountable, including through criminal prosecution," Philippe Lazzarini, UNRWA commissioner-general, said in a Friday press release.

The Biden administration responded that the allegations will not be taken lightly.

"The United States is extremely troubled by the allegations that twelve UNRWA employees may have been involved in the October 7 Hamas terrorist attack on Israel," US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said in a statement. "The Department of State has temporarily paused additional funding for UNRWA while we review these allegations and the steps the United Nations is taking to address them."

"UNRWA plays a critical role in providing lifesaving assistance to Palestinians, including essential food, medicine, shelter, and other vital humanitarian support," said Miller. "Their work has saved lives, and it is important that UNRWA address these allegations and take any appropriate corrective measures, including reviewing its existing policies and procedures."

Representative Mike Waltz wrote on X: "This rot is deep and the U.S. should immediately pause all funding to UNRWA until an independent investigation is carried out."

Image: Title: biden unwra

Opinion

View All

EXCLUSIVE: Trump Iran deal to include no nuclear weapon, Strait of Hormuz opened

A senior White House official revealed that the deal is exactly what President Donald Trump had been ...

BREAKING UPDATE: Trump to announce peace deal to de-nuclearize Iran, open Strait of Hormuz

"Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly."...

Bathrooms, changing rooms must be used on basis of biological sex, UK equality commission says

The EHRC’s proposed guidance, which has been approved by ministers, also states that people who ident...

Marco Rubio questions value of NATO for US as allies deny American forces use of military bases

"When some of those bases are denied to you during a conflict we’re involved in, then you question wh...