In yet another incident of selective bigotry and intolerance, a New Orleans man lost his business after insulting LeBron James on social media.
Indeed, social media has become a breeding ground for cancel culture; anything you share can and will be used against you in some form or another.
Stephen Bruno Jr. is a Louisiana resident who, up until recently, operated a PJ’s Coffee franchise in New Orleans, but everything was taken from him in an instant.
Following weeks of anti-cop tweets and threats, basketball star and team-left activist LeBron James posted a Facebook message that said “Protect our Young Black Women & Men!”
Bruno Jr. shared a controversial reply:
— Kenn Barnes, ESQ. (@kennbarnes) May 3, 2021
His response went viral on Twitter, and numerous users began tagging PJ’s Coffee in the post. The chain responded.
“PJ’s Coffee does not tolerate hatred or disrespect of any kind,” the chain said in a tweet. “The words used by Stephen Bruno Jr. were inappropriate and uncalled for. Our PJ’s Coffee Brand and our locations take pride in supporting the diverse communities in which we serve. Stephen Bruno Jr. has been removed as a franchisee from the locally owned and operated franchise location.”
PJ’s Coffee does not tolerate hatred or disrespect of any kind. The words used by Stephen Bruno Jr. were inappropriate and uncalled for. Our PJ’s Coffee brand and our locations take pride in supporting the diverse communities in which we serve. Stephen Bruno Jr. has been (CONT)
— PJ's Coffee (@pjscoffee) May 5, 2021
An athlete turned trusted police source, James can’t seem to stay out of the headlines as of late.
As reported by Human Events News last month, James faced serious backlash after he tweeted a picture of a police officer present at the Ma’Khia Bryant shooting.
What’s worse, the caption read “you’re next.”
Though he deleted the tweet, a screenshot is still circulating.
This caused a stir in the police community, with many officers taking to social media to mock James. And, this isn’t the first time LeBron James has been the reason for someone losing their job.
Deputy Nate Silvester with the Bellevue Marshal’s Office posted a Tik Tok pretending to call James for consultation before intervening in an imaginary attempted stabbing occurring outside his cruiser.
After the video went viral, an unnamed citizen filed a complaint against Silvester with the Marshal’s office. They reportedly launched an investigation and allegedly suspended him without pay.
“The Bellevue Marshal’s Office always demands that our Deputies engage with our citizens in a friendly and professional manner. This is NOT how we expect our Deputies to act on duty or use city time. This is a personnel issue that is being dealt with internally,” the office said.