Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R.-Iowa) and Max Baucus (R.-Mont.) offered a $17 million tax break to book publishers who donate textbooks to displaced Hurricane Katrina school children, but the publishers aren??¢â???¬â???¢t interested. Charlene Gaynor, executive director of the Association of Educational Publishers told Congressional Quarterly, ??¢â???¬?????Donating costs more than if we throw out the books and take the business write-off??¢â???¬ because even selling remainder books can bring bigger value at diminished prices than the tax break would give.
- Calls to “Rein In” the Media Latest Form of “Newspeak”
- Facebook and Twitter Are Not Local Bakeries.
- High-Profile Businesses Severing all Ties with the Trump Organization
- Baseball Great Curt Schilling Says AIG Insurance Canceled His Policy After Pro-Trump Posts
- The Media Are Not Hypocritical; They Just Hate Conservatives.