Speculation has begun over who will succeed Roberts on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. One possibility being mentioned is Peter Keisler, a founder of the Federalist Society and head of the Justice Department??¢â???¬â???¢s Civil Division. In his first term, President Bush tried to put Keisler, a Yale graduate who lives in Maryland, on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in a slot traditionally held by a Maryland resident. Keisler, however, eventually asked that his name be withdrawn after Maryland Democratic Senators Paul Sarbanes and Barbara Mikulski objected to his nomination.
- Freshman GOP Rep. Files Articles of Impeachment Against Biden…On Day 1
- Biden rejoins Paris Climate Agreement: What Does This Mean for America?
- Elon Musk Should Build Us a Better Internet.
- Biden Signs Executive Order Requiring Masks on Federal Property, Then Goes Maskless at Lincoln Memorial
- Biden Signs Several Executive Orders that Help Illegal Immigrants