BREAKING: Trump says Iran peace deal to be 'announced shortly'

"Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly."

"Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly."

ad-image
President Donald Trump has said that the details of a peace deal with Iran will be "announced shortly." The comments come as the president has been meeting with other countries in the region to stop the conflict in Iran and open up the Strait of Hormuz.  

"I am in the Oval Office at the White House where we just had a very good call with President Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, of The United Arab Emirates, Emir Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Prime Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, and Minister Ali al-Thawadi, of Qatar, Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir Ahmed Shah, of Pakistan, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, of Türkiye, President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, of Egypt, King Abdullah II, of Jordan, and King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, of Bahrain, concerning the Islamic Republic of Iran, and all things related to a Memorandum of Understanding pertaining to PEACE."



"An Agreement has been largely negotiated, subject to finalization between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the various other Countries, as listed. Separately, I had a call with Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu, of Israel, which, likewise, went very well. Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly. In addition to many other elements of the Agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened. Thank you for your attention to this matter!" he added. 

Ahead of Trump's post to Truth Social, the Washington Times had reported that the finalization of the peace deal would be released by Sunday afternoon. The top negotiators in the talks have been Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalifbaf, Vice President J.D. Vance, special envoy Steve Witkoff and President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner. The top negotiators have reportedly approved the draft and it is going through fine tuning process. 

The announcement from Trump comes over two and half months after the US launched Operation Epic Fury in Iran, heavily degrading their rocket launchers as well as other military weaponry. Trump has long said that Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon and that the US will stop the regime from obtaining or pursuing the option. 


Image: Title: trump

Opinion

View All

Bathrooms, changing rooms must be used on basis of biological sex, UK equality commission says

The EHRC’s proposed guidance, which has been approved by ministers, also states that people who ident...

Marco Rubio questions value of NATO for US as allies deny American forces use of military bases

"When some of those bases are denied to you during a conflict we’re involved in, then you question wh...

SOAD TABRIZI: Doctors must be held accountable for overprescribing dangerous medications to Americans

For the first time in a long time, the federal government is asking the right questions....

Greece releases convicted communist terrorist leader early despite sentence of 17 life terms

An appeals court had previously issued a sentence imposing 17 life terms along with an additional 25-...