Ukraine launches drone attack on Moscow, killing at least one woman: report

Moscow's regional governor Andrey Vorobyov said that a 46-year-old woman was killed and several people were wounded from a UAV blast.

ad-image
Ukraine reportedly launched a drone attack on Moscow, officials stated Tuesday, during which they released over 140 drones over Russia during the night, wrecking dozens of homes and leaving at least one woman dead.

Daily Mail reports that Russia's ministry of defense released a statement that they had shot down 144 Ukrainian drones over various regions in the country. The outlet reports that this "marks one of the largest drone assaults against Russia since the beginning of the war."

Moscow's regional governor Andrey Vorobyov stated on Telegram that a UAV had damaged 2 apartment buildings in Moscow, 30 miles southeast of the Kremlin where Russian President Vladimir Putin resides. He also said that a 46-year-old woman was killed and several people were wounded from the UAV blast.

Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin reported that a runway at a Moscow airport had been set ablaze by falling debris from a downed drone. Four local airports total had canceled or delayed Tuesday morning flights.



Several videos were taken of the Moscow drone attack by locals and circulated on social media platforms. Many show firey scenes as blasts destroy parts of tall buildings. Other footage shows the aftermath of the strikes.

This new attack comes just over a month after Ukraine launched a massive cross-border offensive into Russia's Kursk region, forcing thousands of locals to evacuate.
 

Image: Title: moscow drone attack

Opinion

View All

BREAKING: President Trump endorses Human Events' Kenny Cody for Tennessee House — 'MAGA Warrior'

"It is my Great Honor to endorse MAGA Warrior, Kenny Cody, who is running to represent the fantastic ...

JACK POSOBIEC: Media SILENT after white UK student stabbed to death by Sikh carrying 'ceremonial blade'

"Where’s the sports teams putting him up on the jumbotron and holding a moment of silence during the ...

Terrorist who staged Paris Bataclan theater massacre in 2016 granted prison leave by Belgian judge

Prosecutors said he rented safe houses in Belgium and handled logistical support for members of the t...

DAVID KRAYDEN: Carney could get Canada kicked out of NORAD as US reconsiders relationship

Carney has treated Canada’s largest trading partner and closest military ally with a contempt that bo...