BREAKING: North Korean missile launched toward Japan

Japanese authorities have since informed residents that they are no longer under threat.

ad-image
Japanese authorities confirmed Thursday that North Korea had launched at least one missile in their direction.

In response to the threat, residents of Japan's northernmost region, Hokkaido, were told to take shelter in underground bunkers or inside sturdy buildings.



According to the Japan Times, the nation's J-Alert warning system went off around 7:55 am Thursday local time, roughly twenty minutes after North Korea launched what is believed to be a ballistic missile.

The missile was expected to fall to earth near Hokkaido around 8 am. Japanese authorities have since informed residents that they are no longer under threat, as the missile is now expected to land far enough away so as not to cause any damage to the island.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

Image: Title: KimJong

Opinion

View All

Marco Rubio questions value of NATO for US as allies deny American forces use of military bases

"When some of those bases are denied to you during a conflict we’re involved in, then you question wh...

SOAD TABRIZI: Doctors must be held accountable for overprescribing dangerous medications to Americans

For the first time in a long time, the federal government is asking the right questions....

Greece releases convicted communist terrorist leader early despite sentence of 17 life terms

An appeals court had previously issued a sentence imposing 17 life terms along with an additional 25-...

Woman who identifies as trans raped in NHS psych ward within hour of arrival in men's unit

The South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust said its decision to place the patient in a male w...