Mayor Bloomberg has snubbed Borough President Markowitz???s impassioned plea to bring the National Guard to Hurricane Sandy-scarred Brooklyn ??? arguing that approving the Beep???s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.
???We don???t need it,??? Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city???s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. ???The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.???
Markowitz demanded the National Guard???s help just an hour before Bloomberg???s press conference, claiming that the NYPD and FDNY are ???brave ??? but overwhelmed??? by all the challenges Sandy brought when it visited the borough on Monday night: flooding, power outages, and looting.
- BACK TO NORMAL? Texas Lifts Statewide Mask Mandate, Other COVID Restrictions
- 6 Dr. Seuss Books Recalled for ‘Racism’ on the Anniversary of His Life
- To Tell the Truth: MSM Reporting Turns Sen. Paul’s Hearing Questions into Transgender Inquisition
- Seth Jahn Removed from U.S. Soccer Federation’s Athlete Council for Defending National Anthem
- The Equality Act Is Really the Inequality Act.