Mayor Bloomberg has snubbed Borough President Markowitz‚??s impassioned plea to bring the National Guard to Hurricane Sandy-scarred Brooklyn ‚?? arguing that approving the Beep‚??s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.
‚??We don‚??t need it,‚?Ě Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city‚??s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. ‚??The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.‚?Ě
Markowitz demanded the National Guard‚??s help just an hour before Bloomberg‚??s press conference, claiming that the NYPD and FDNY are ‚??brave ‚?? but overwhelmed‚?Ě by all the challenges Sandy brought when it visited the borough on Monday night: flooding, power outages, and looting.
- Governor Cuomo‚Äôs Jewish Problem.
- Free Speech Activist Attacked in SF Now Faces Same Censorship He Was Rallying Against.
- To Tell the Truth: NBC Report Intentionally Spreads COVID Fear Like Virus
- Spain is Undergoing Regime Change.
- Sunday Morning News Ignores Hunter Biden Story in Assisting Father’s Campaign