New aerial footage has surfaced of the violence that broke out at the Arizona state capitol building after a new illegal immigration bill was signed into law on Friday. In stark contrast to peaceful Tea Party rallies, the pro-illegal immigration protesters took to the streets pelting police with rocks and water bottles as a means to voice their discontent.
The new footage shows the riot was not quite as “small” as media reports initially indicated.
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed the new state immigration bill into law on Friday causing a great deal of heartburn for supporters of illegal immigration. The law forces Arizona state agencies and law enforcement to aggressively comply with federal immigration law.
HUMAN EVENTS reported on Friday some highlights of the tough new Arizona law include:
* Make it a misdemeanor for immigrants to fail to complete and carry an alien registration document.
* Allows officers to arrest immigrants unable to show documents proving they are in the U.S. legally.
* Bans soft immigration enforcement and sanctuary rules by local governments and allows lawsuits against policies that hinder immigration law enforcement.
* Prohibits day laborers from impeding street traffic while seeking work.
* Outlaws the transport of illegal immigrants if drivers know the passengers are in the country illegally.
A concise summary of the new law is available from the Arizona legislature online.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter