ARCHIVE

Administration Keeps New York Trial for KSM on the Table


Atty. Gen. Eric Holder indicated on Wednesday that a trial in New York City for September 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was “not off the table.”

“No final decision has been made about the forum which Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and his co-defendants will be tried. As I said at the outset, this is a very close call," Holder said at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on April 14. “New York is not off the table.” 

Rep. Peter King (R.-N.Y.), ranking member of the House Homeland Security Committee, said that President Obama should “assert his authority” and remove Holder “from the decision-making process of selecting a venue for the trials of Khalid Sheik Mohammed and four other 9/11 terrorists.” 

King said, “I am shocked and appalled that Attorney General Holder is still considering New York City as the venue for these trials… The fact that in the past five months the Obama Administration has not even begun to address the monumental security concerns of a NYC trial is shocking and reinforces what New Yorkers and their fellow Americans already know: These trials must be moved outside New York City.”

HUMAN EVENTS and RedState.com launched a petition drive earlier this year, seeking to keep the KSM trial out of New York City and to try all terror suspects in military tribunals.

More than 125,000 readers have signed our petition to stop Atty. Gen. Holder and the Obama Administration from trying KSM in a New York civilian court instead of a military tribunal.

Sign the petition here.