Lawsuits are out of control in the
A group called Michigan Lawsuit Abuse Watch tracks these labels and posts them on its website. For example:
- A label on a baby stroller warns: “Remove child before folding.”
- A 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow warns: “Not intended for highway use.”
- A household iron cautions: “Never iron clothes while they are being worn.”
- A flushable toilet brush says: “Do not use for personal hygiene.”
- And a carpenter’s electric drill warns: “This product is not intended for use as a dental drill.”
Now, let me close with this warning: This commentary is not intended to defame any of those bloodsucking trial lawyers.
For more SoundBytes go to ipi.org.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter