The National Committee for the Administration of Gaza (NCAG) announced the recruitment drive as President Trump convened the first meeting of his international Board of Peace in Washington. Security is a central part of the broader post-war plan.
NCAG said in a statement that applications are open to qualified men and women ages 18 to 35 who reside in Gaza, have no criminal record, and meet physical fitness requirements. A link to apply was posted publicly. It came as Trump also announced Thursday that nine nations have pledged a combined $7 billion toward a Gaza reconstruction package at the inaugural meeting of his Board of Peace, marking an early financial commitment toward stabilizing the war-torn territory.
The countries making pledges include Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, and Kuwait. Trump thanked the donors, saying, “But every dollar spent is an investment in stability and the hope of new and harmonious (region).”
He also confirmed that the United States will commit $10 billion to the Board of Peace, though he did not specify how the funds will be given.
The pledges represent a portion of the estimated $70 billion reconstruction cost following two years of destruction in Gaza. Trump said the effort is about delivering tangible results. “What we’re doing is very simple: peace,” he said. “It’s called the Board of Peace, and it’s all about an easy word to say, but a hard word to produce — peace.”
Trump described the Board as a mechanism to reinforce global stability and improve coordination with the United Nations, while also ensuring accountability. “The United Nations has great potential,” he said. “They haven’t lived up to the potential.”
More than 40 countries and the European Union sent officials to Washington for the meeting. Some nations joined as full members, while others, including Germany, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, attended as observers. Trump predicted broader participation over time. “Almost everybody’s accepted, and the ones that haven’t, will be,” he said.
Leaders from several member countries traveled to Washington, including Indonesia’s president, Argentina’s president, and Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, whom Trump endorsed, saying he does “an incredible job” on immigration.
Central to discussions is the formation of an international stabilization force to maintain security in Gaza and oversee the disarmament of Hamas, a key element of the ceasefire framework. Indonesia has offered a firm personnel commitment so far, and additional contributions are expected to be discussed.
Administration officials said updates were also provided on establishing governing structures and essential services through the Board’s executive arm.




