CBS Finishes Off Sharon Osborne: The Latest Martyr of Bigoted Cancel Culture

Cancel culture has taken its next victim: Sharon Osbourne. Osbourne will no longer co-host “The Talk” on CBS following a discussion on racism that took a turn for the worse earlier this month. If you aren’t familiar, the incident went like this: Osbourne reacted angrily during a discussion last week about British television personality Piers […]

  • by:
  • 03/02/2023
ad-image

Cancel culture has taken its next victim: Sharon Osbourne.

Osbourne will no longer co-host “The Talk” on CBS following a discussion on racism that took a turn for the worse earlier this month.

If you aren’t familiar, the incident went like this: Osbourne reacted angrily during a discussion last week about British television personality Piers Morgan, who she described as a friend.

Morgan, the now-former host of “Good Morning Britain” said he didn't believe Megan Markle’s claims of bullying within the Royal Family made during the mega-famous Oprah interview.

Fellow host Sheryl Underwood said to Osbourne, “what would you say to people who may feel that, while you’re standing by your friend, it appears that you gave validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist, even if you don’t agree?”

Osbourne snapped back, using words that were bleeped out, and said she felt like she was being put on “the electric chair” for having a friend that some people call racist.

The discussion quickly got emotional. At one point, Osbourne said to Underwood, “don’t try to cry. If anyone should be crying, it should be me.”

“Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave ‘The Talk,’” CBS said in a statement. “The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home. As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace. We also did not find any evidence that CBS orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts.”

Piers Morgan jumped in on the fun, reiterating his disbelief and addressing Osbourne’s situation.

“I expected such disingenuous, self-serving wrecking-ball stuff from a social-climbing Hollywood actress like Ms. Markle, but for Harry to publicly shred his family and the Monarchy like this, while Prince Philip was seriously ill in the hospital, is so out of character for a man who once bravely served his Queen and country in war,” he wrote.

Morgan revealed he was asked to apologize or leave the show by ITV managing director of media and entertainment Kevin Lygo. He chose the latter.

He also addressed the similarities between what happened to him and Osbourne: both canceled for sharing their thoughts on a widely controversial subject.

“It’s outrageous, but what’s happened to Sharon and me in the past fortnight isn’t really about Ms. Markle,” Morgan wrote. “She’s just one of many whiny, privileged, hypocritical celebrities who now cynically exploit victimhood to suppress free speech, value their own version of the truth above the actual truth, and seek to cancel anyone that deviates from their woke worldview or who dares to challenge the veracity of their inflammatory statements.”

“No, it’s about a far bigger issue than one delusional Duchess, and that’s everyone's right to be free to express our honestly held opinions, forcefully and passionately if we feel like it.”

And boy, did he hit the nail on the head.

Image:

Opinion

View All

Drone strike targets UAE nuclear plant as Trump warns Iran 'the clock is ticking'

"The United Arab Emirates has condemned in the strongest terms the unprovoked terrorist attack."...

'We will continue to kill': Islamic State tells followers to use Bondi Beach massacre as 'instruction manual' for 'honor of Islam'

“The Sydney attack was only a pebble from a mountain; we will continue to kill, by the permission of ...

Croatia brings historic anthem denouncing Ottoman, Islamic occupation of their land to Eurovision—Turkey lodges protest

Turkish media and some on social media criticized the performance and have been pushing back against ...

BREAKING: Eight injured after man of African origin plows car into crowd in Italy, stabs at least one person

The suspect, who has not been publicly identified, is a 31-year-old Italian citizen of African origin...