Prep time: 30 minutes; Ready to eat: 2.5 hours
Take advantage of the abundant fresh produce in markets now with this simple summer salsa recipe that can be used as a relish for grilled meat or fish, or eaten as a snack with organic corn chips. This one is not just tasty ‚?? it‚??s heart healthy, too, with zero cholesterol.
- 3 medium mangos, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 3/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- ¬ĺ cup radishes, diced
- ¬Ĺ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 ‚?? 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- Sprinkle of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together mango, cucumber, red pepper, onion, radishes, cilantro, and garlic. Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for at least two hours to give the flavors time to blend.