This delicious salad comes together so quickly, it’s perfect for last-minute lunches or dinners. I like to serve it with a few sweet potato fries on the side. As always, I recommend using organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1½ cups cooked or grilled, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless purple grapes
- 1 Pink Lady, Fuji, or Gala apple, unpeeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until most pieces are coated with mayonnaise and spices. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve on a romaine leaf or bed of arugula.
Nutritional information per serving: 456 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated), 42 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein, 61 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 27 g sugar.
Note: Nutritional values are estimates only and may vary according to freshness of ingredients, methods of preparation, and other factors.