Sen. Marco Rubio delivered this speech on the Senate floor on Dec. 16, 2011. In it, he offers his perspectives on his first year in office and the challenges that remain unsolved going into 2012. He warns that America, financially speaking could become the next Europe if we don’t confront our debt and spending problems. He points out that the U.S. economy is now smaller than its long-term debt, which has now risen to more than $15 trillion. He further says that the major issues must be confronted now and can not wait till after the election.
The junior senator from Florida makes an impassioned speech.
- FACE-OFF: Republicans At Odds Over Trump Impeachment, Supporters Facing Backlash
- From the News Editor’s Desk: Stepping Into a New Role in the Most Challenging of Times.
- UH-OH, JOE! Biden’s Opening Approval Rating Lower than Trump, Obama
- Biden’s Coronavirus Orders Are Redundant and Further Impede America
- Magician-in-Chief Biden Removes ‘Racist’ Implications from Patriotic Symbols