“A republic is about is self-government of a group of people who are counted as citizens and are, therefore, members of the ruling order. That self-government takes place through argument, discussion, and thinking. Primarily deliberation, though negotiation plays a role in it.”
Today on Uncommon Knowledge, Professor Paul Rahe examines past republics.
- The Plot Against the Small Businesses.
- Michigan Mischief: Senate Hearings Reveal Numerous Forms of Election Tampering
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow