And [Thatcher] said, “Can we do it? Can we reconquer the islands?” And [Henry Leach] said, “Yes, Prime Minister we can. And though it’s not for me to say, I think we must.” And so she got interested and she said, “Why, why do you say that?” And he said, “Because if we don’t do it, we will be a country whose word counts for nothing in the world.”
The Falklands. Today on Uncommon Knowledge, Charles Moore illustrates the strategic significance of the Falklands war.
- Boston schools place ‘color of our skin’ above ‘content of our intellect’ in halting advanced program
- Senator Rand Paul Makes Clear Transgender Debate is About More Than Children’s Toys
- Biden Orders Airstrikes in Syria: How is the Media Covering It?
- Amazon Prime Yanks Clarence Thomas Documentary During Black History Month
- The Oligarchical Revolution.