[W]hen you politicize religion it becomes a double-edged sword anyway because the believing President (for example someone like Anwar Sadat called himself the Believing President), he gets the believing assassin. And then a fight for religion breaks out.
The Double-Edged Sword. Today on Uncommon Knowledge, Fouad Ajami points out the dangers to autocrats who wrap themselves in religion.
- Biden v. America: $4B for Central America While Struggling Americans Await COVID Stimulus
- Biden v. Diabetics: New Freeze on Trump’s Lower Cost Insulin and Epinephrine Rule Benefits Big Pharma
- There are No Coincidences: Network Sunday Talk Show Hosts Follow Same Script with Republican Senators
- Counterpoint to Lee Behringer: American Populism’s Cinderella Story.
- WHAT ARE THE ODDS? Growing Number of GOP Senators Oppose Impeachment Trial