Contrary to conventional wisdom that the GOP field was set, Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.) will kick-off his presidential campaign tomorrow in Michigan.
McCotter’s campaign website went live today and it previews the type of candidate he may be.
On the website, McCotter asks his supports to “seize freedom” because “your American dream is endangered.”
He also lists five principles on his campaign website:
1. Our liberty is from God not the government
2. Our sovereignty is in our souls not the soil
3. Our security is from strength not surrender
4. Our prosperity is from the private sector not the public sector
5. Our truths are self-evident not relative
The guitar playing McCotter can be iconoclastic and edgy or very dry, and it will be interesting to see to whom he eventually appeals as his campaign progresses.