Peter Robinson: Cui bono, who benefits from [rent control]? Thomas Sowell: Politicians most of all…. Because they get the reputation of being for the poor and the downtrodden and…. They are preventing the evil landlords from raising the rent…so they gain by that. Both the landlords and the tenants lose.
Rent control--who benefits? Today on Uncommon Knowledge, Thomas Sowell explains why rent controls continue to prevail in spite of the economic evidence against them.
- Michigan Mischief: Senate Hearings Reveal Numerous Forms of Election Tampering
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.