Peter Robinson: Cui bono, who benefits from [rent control]? Thomas Sowell: Politicians most of all…. Because they get the reputation of being for the poor and the downtrodden and…. They are preventing the evil landlords from raising the rent…so they gain by that. Both the landlords and the tenants lose.
Rent control--who benefits? Today on Uncommon Knowledge, Thomas Sowell explains why rent controls continue to prevail in spite of the economic evidence against them.
- Senator Rand Paul Makes Clear Transgender Debate is About More Than Children’s Toys
- Biden Orders Airstrikes in Syria: How is the Media Covering It?
- Amazon Prime Yanks Clarence Thomas Documentary During Black History Month
- The Oligarchical Revolution.
- PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE: Senate parliamentarian gives team-left bad news on wage hike