Connect with us

archive

Iranian Sorcery Crisis Intensifies

 

The wave of supernatural attacks against key figures in the Iranian government is intensifying.  The ayatollahs recently had several associates of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrested and charged with “being magicians and invoking djinn,” according to a report in the UK Guardian.  One of these malevolent sorcerers was described as “a man with special skills in metaphysics and connections with the unknown worlds.”  He reportedly promised that, if elected to high office, he could make the ocean levels recede.  Or maybe I’m confusing him with someone else.

At any rate, this cabal of sorcerers apparently put a hex on Ahmadinejad, which explains why he’s engaged in a power struggle with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.  As quoted in the UK Telegraph, another ayatollah, Mohammad-Taqi Mesbah-Yazdi, says he is “more than 90 percent certain that he has been put under a spell.”

I pulled out my old Dungeons & Dragons books to verify Yazdi’s claim, and found he is in error.  According to the saving throw tables, a 9th-level Halfling terrorist has a 30% chance to resist mind control magic, so it’s actually only 70 percent certain that Ahmadinejad has been put under a spell.

“This is not natural at all,” added Yazdi.  “No sane person does such things unless his free will has been taken away.”  Iran is widely known as a land where free will normally flourishes, so it’s pretty obvious when someone has been taken over by evil spirits.

Hopefully the Iranian religious police will now turn their efforts to tracking down the sorcerer who summoned the huge horde of Palestinians that attacked the Israeli border over the weekend.

 

Newsletter Signup.

Sign up to the Human Events newsletter

Written By

John Hayward began his blogging career as a guest writer at Hot Air under the pen name "Doctor Zero," producing a collection of essays entitled Doctor Zero: Year One. He is a great admirer of free-market thinkers such as Arthur Laffer, Milton Friedman, and Thomas Sowell. He writes both political and cultural commentary, including book and movie reviews. An avid fan of horror and fantasy fiction, he has produced an e-book collection of short horror stories entitled Persistent Dread. John is a former staff writer for Human Events. He is a regular guest on the Rusty Humphries radio show, and has appeared on numerous other local and national radio programs, including G. Gordon Liddy, BattleLine, and Dennis Miller.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Advertisement
Advertisement

TRENDING NOW:

Dunkin Donuts Refuses to Get Woke: ‘We Are Not Starbucks’

CULTURE

‘Reaganesque’: Economist Tells CNBC Trump Could Shift Global Order In China Trade War

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Does ‘Impeach Trump’ Amash Have Financial Interests in China?

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Woke Mafia Panics as Game of Thrones Slays Queen SJW

CULTURE

Connect
Newsletter Signup.

Sign up to the Human Events newsletter