Wall Street financial scammer Bernie Madoff’s success stemmed from preying upon people’s trust, coupled with the naïve cooperation of federal regulators who failed to see what was coming. But Madoff’s scam pales in comparison to one being pulled off against unsuspecting Americans with the naïve cooperation of a President similarly disposed. The recent firing of NPR analyst Juan Williams is but one more telltale sign that the scam is working.
Formed in Egypt during the 1920s, the Muslim Brotherhood is an extremist Islamic group. Among its most revered thinkers is the martyr Sayyid Qutb who called for worldwide rejection of Western values before his 1966 execution. Ever since, his writings have radicalized Islamic thought, including that of al-Qaeda’s Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri.
A 2007 criminal investigation into organizers of a charitable Islamic organization’s terrorist funding links yielded evidence of the Brotherhood’s strategy for implementing Sharia law in the US through gradual erosion of the Constitution. Ironically, this evidence was found in the residence of an unindicted co-conspirator in Virginia—home to many of our Constitution’s framers.
The evidence included the “Ikhwan,” a 1991 document describing the Brotherhood’s work in America as “a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within and sabotaging its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.” Called the “civilianization-jihadist process,” it requires a “mastery of the art of ‘coalitions,’ the art of ‘absorption’ and the principles of ‘cooperation.’“ Audiotape evidence emphasized deception.
The Brotherhood’s mandate is to establish a global caliphate, governed under Sharia. The proposed infrastructure for doing this in the US is via a complex network of benign Muslim organizations, the missions of which are to spread militant propaganda and to raise money. One such group—also an unindicted co-conspirator in the 2007 case—is the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).
CAIR has proven to be a political correctness (PC) gunslinger, quickly raising the issue to silence any criticism of Islam. After the interview in which NPR’s Juan Williams, obviously still traumatized by 9/11, expressed a personal uneasiness about seeing Muslims on airplanes, CAIR immediately demanded that action be taken against him for “inflammatory comments”—for which he was fired. CAIR’s linkage to the violent Muslim Brotherhood makes its demand about Williams’ comment the ultimate hypocrisy.
Riding the PC wave to democracy’s shores has been effective for the Brotherhood in moving the civilianization-jihadist process forward while gradually eroding, and having a chilling effect upon, the rights of democracies’ citizens:
– A London sandwich shop doing business for years was forced to remove an authorized exhaust fan from its kitchen when Muslims (prohibited from eating pork) became offended by the smell of bacon after moving next door. Yet, Muslim prayer services in London streets, held without permits and offensive to local residents and businesses for blocking ingress/egress, are tolerated.
– The violent outbreak by Muslims following the 2005 publication of Muhammad’s caricature in a Danish newspaper still chills the exercise of First Amendment rights. The animated adult television program “South Park” opted, after being threatened, not to portray Mohammad—while demeaning Jesus Christ in such a manner.
– US newspapers rejected a “Non-Sequitur” cartoon parody of “Where’s Waldo?”—even though Muhammad was not depicted—because the caption simply read “Where’s Muhammad?”
– Cartoonist Molly Norris went into hiding after receiving threats for suggesting there be an “Everybody Draw Mohammad Day”—yet Muslim cartoons of the Holocaust are solicited on the Internet without condemnation by CAIR or by other Islamic groups.
– In England, a PC Archbishop of Canterbury suggested that Muslim communities be allowed to apply Sharia, vice English, law.
– In New Jersey, a PC criminal court judge applied Sharia to find a Muslim husband not guilty of raping his wife, because Sharia mandates that a wife submit to her husband’s sexual desires.
– Contrasting with the West’s belief in equality for all human life, Sharia extends equality only to Muslim men. Instead of fighting the Muslim perception that non-Muslim life is less valued, PC plays into it. For example, since non-Muslims are deemed unclean to handle the Koran, guards at Guantanamo have to wear gloves while handling it.
Supporting the Brotherhood’s plans for the West are real: A British radical Muslim extremist recently boasted that Islam’s flag will one day fly over the White House.
Madoff’s scam was doomed to fail for lack of enough gullible investors willing to sacrifice their money. Unfortunately, the Muslim Brotherhood’s scam suffers no such lack of gullible liberals willing to sacrifice their freedoms.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter