House Democrats are using former Vice President Al Gore—who is accused of sexual assault by a grandmother and licensed massage therapist—to help raise money to keep their majority.
The Democratic Congressional Committee (DCCC) seems unabashed in using Gore, sending out the fundraising email on “Al Gore” letterhead. Gore appeals to donors to “Contribute $5, $10 or more before MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY and your gift will be matched 2-to-1.” He writes that “a contribution in the DCCC is the best investment you can make right now in America’s future.”
Less than a week after the sexual assault charges against him came to light, Gore shamelessly asks for money to keep the Democrats in control of the House.
“After eight years of the Bush-Cheney administration, America is now beset with major challenges,” Gore writes. “A massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, an economic downturn that has put good people out of work, and a crisis that I have dedicated my life to solving—global warming.”
Meanwhile, the decision to charge Gore in the Oregon assault case remains undetermined. District Attorney Michael D. Schrunk said in a statement that the decision to pursue criminal charges was up to the complainant and the Portland Police.
|Photo – Bloomberg|
The police released the audio tape of the interview with the 54-year-old massage therapist. On the tapes, the woman alleges that Gore insisted on having sex with her after the massage. She refused repeatedly and says Gore “flipped me flat on my back and threw his whole body face down over atop me, pinning me down and outweighing me by quite a bit.” She had to “physically struggle and wrench around” to get out from under him.”
“I know that I’m not the first woman to be assaulted by him,” she told the detective. “My guts told me that when I was struggling in the room with him and I stand by it today.”
Sen. Byrd Sainted by Mainstream Media
Since Sen. Robert Byrd (D.-W.Va.) died early Monday, the mainstream media has canonized him for standing up for coal miners and workers rights, despite his long-term racism and membership in the Ku Klux Klan.
|Photo – WashingtonLife|
Much like the MSM did when Sen. Ted Kennedy died last summer, the obituaries are full of the senator’s legislative accomplishment and dedication to the working man, making him more saint than man.
To remember the 92-year-old “longest serving senator” fairly, takes looking at his life as a whole.
• Byrd joined the Ku Klux Klan in the early 1940s and held leadership positions in the group. He later said the KKK was the “albatross” around his neck.
• In protest of President Truman’s efforts to integrate the military, Byrd wrote a letter to segregationists Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D.-Miss.) that he would never fight in the armed forces "with a Negro by my side." He also wrote that he’d “die a thousand times, and see old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels." (1945)
• "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia," Byrd wrote in a letter to a KKK leader (1946).
• Byrd opposed the landmark Civil Rights Act, going so far as filibustering in the senate for more than 14 hours. (1964) He later claimed his biggest regret was voting against this law.
|Photo – CBS|
• He voted against the nomination of liberal Thurgood Marshall, the first black Supreme Court justice (1967). He also voted against the only other black justice, conservative Clarence Thomas (1991).
• Byrd claimed that he only stopped thinking whites were superior to blacks after the death of his grandson. "I came to realize that black people love their children as much as I do mine," he said (1982).
• He advised young people to go into politics but advised: "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don’t get that albatross around your neck. Once you’ve made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." (1997)
• When asked about race relations, Byrd told Fox News’ Tony Snow: "My old mom told me, ‘Robert, you can’t go to heaven if you hate anybody.’ We practice that. There are white niggers. I’ve seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I’m going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I’d just as soon quit talking about it so much." (2001)
Knowing his racism, would the MSM have written such glowing obituaries for Robert Byrd if he had been a Republican? I doubt it.
Tiger Late to Daughter’s Birthday
Tiger Woods—who made a “lifetime” vow in April to never skip his children’s birthdays again, then missed his daughter’s third birthday on June 18—attempted damage control over the week end and failed.
Tiger and estranged wife Elin Woods threw a second birthday party for daughter Sam, to make up for her father’s absence at her actual party, according to RadarOnline.com. Tiger was in California playing golf at the U.S. Open during Sam’s third birthday party in Florida.
"Clearly this was Tiger trying to make it up to Sam. He wasn’t there on her birthday so he wanted to have a party for her and be there,” a source told Radar. “Elin went along with it. Despite their differences they want to do what is best for their children."
|Photo – RadarOnline|
But, Tiger was an hour late to the party, which was from 4-6 p.m. He came carrying a large pink gift bag and was accompanied by his manager and another woman. His wife Elin is said to be in the final stages of divorce proceedings from her serial cheating husband.
Read more about the Al Gore scandal at EmilyMillerDC.com and for 24/7 gossip updates, follow Emily on Twitter.