Later today, House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio) will release 43-page report entitled, “ObamaCare: Three Months of Broken Promises.”
The report, obtained by HUMAN EVENTS, catalogues how the Democrats’ massive government takeover of health care has failed to even live up to its own benchmarks and standards set forth in the law.
From increasing health care costs and the deficit to the state revolts against ObamaCare mandates, the report offers a look into the increasing failures of the massive new law collapsing under the weight of its own cost and bureaucracy — merely three months out of the gate.
From the report:
It isn’t just that none of these promises or predictions have turned out to be true. In every instance, ObamaCare has made matters worse:
• Jobs. Some of the nation’s largest employers have announced they will be forced to make cutbacks as a result of ObamaCare’s job-killing mandates, despite President Obama’s boast that his health care plan was also a jobs plan.
• Costs. Two independent government entities — the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and the chief actuary at the Obama Administration’s own Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) — have confirmed that the new law fails to lower health care costs and reduce the deficit as promised.
• Taxes. ObamaCare includes at least a dozen violations of President Obama’s pledge to not raise taxes on middle-class families.
• Seniors. The government has confirmed that the new law’s massive Medicare cuts will fall squarely on the backs of seniors, millions of whom will be forced off their current Medicare coverage.
• If You Like It… The Obama Administration has been forced to acknowledge that the new law will force some 87 million Americans to drop their current coverage despite President Obama’s promise that Americans would be able to keep the coverage that they have.
• Abortion. The Obama Administration has provided no update whatsoever on its efforts to implement Executive Order 13535, which President Obama claimed would bar taxpayer funding of abortion under ObamaCare and eliminate the need for enactment of the pro-life Stupak amendment.
• States. Dozens of states have revolted against the new law’s job-killing, budget-crushing mandates. The nation’s leading small business organization, the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), has joined with 20 states in fighting to overturn the job-killing, unconstitutional ‘individual mandate’ at the heart of the new law.
• Popularity. Despite assurances from President Obama’s pollster that Americans would like the new law once it was passed, a clear majority of Americans disapprove of ObamaCare, believe it will hurt the country, and support its repeal.
• Taxpayer-Funded, Taxpayer-Rejected PR Campaign. The Obama Administration has already wasted millions of taxpayer dollars on a failed public relations campaign. In one particularly galling case, the Administration was caught sending a disingenuous mailer to seniors that may violate federal laws against taxpayer-funded propaganda.
• GOP Offensive. House and Senate Republicans have broken through with a relentless offensive designed to alert the public to the new law’s impact on their health care and the economy as a whole. Republicans are engaging the American people in this critical debate through America Speaking Out, as well as public forums and events with experts and entrepreneurs outside the Beltway who are sounding the alarm about ObamaCare.
Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.), Chairman of the House Republican Conference, also remarked today on the lack of credibility of the assurances given by the administration to shove ObamaCare through Congress.
“Three months of ObamaCare has given the American people nothing but a string of broken promises. It will send the nation’s cost for health care skyrocketing by more than $300 billion, while increasing the deficit and imposing tax penalties on millions of middle class families. The president’s oft-repeated assurance that you can keep your health insurance lacks credibility and millions of Americans will lose their current plan by 2013 and have to shop for new coverage,” Pence remarked.
“The American people rejected ObamaCare long before it became law, and their frustration with this government-takeover of health care has only grown. They know it’s time to repeal ObamaCare, with its budget-busting price tag and job-killing mandates, and replace it with common sense solutions that actually lower costs without growing the size of government.”
The new report goes into great detail on these ObamaCare failures. A handy reference guide, the report is available online.