From the European Foundation’s list of 100 reasons that climate change is natural and not man-made:
- There is “no real scientific proof” that the current warming is caused by the rise of greenhouse gases from man’s activity.
- Man-made carbon dioxide emissions throughout human history constitute less than 0.00022% of the total naturally emitted from the mantle of the earth during geological history.
- Warmer periods of the Earth’s history came around 800 years before rises in CO2 levels.
- After World War II, there was a huge surge in recorded CO2 emissions, but global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.
- Throughout the Earth’s history, temperatures have often been warmer than now and CO2 levels have often been higher — more than ten times as high.
- Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout geologic time.
- The 0.7˚ celsius increase in the average global temperature over the last hundred years is entirely consistent with well-established, long-term, natural climate trends.
- The IPCC theory is driven by just 60 scientists and favorable reviewers, not the 4,000 usually cited.
- Leaked e-mails from British climate scientists — in a scandal known as “Climategate” — suggest that data have been manipulated to exaggerate global warming.
- A large body of scientific research suggests that the sun is responsible for the greater share of climate change during the past hundred years.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter