Compiled by David Boaz, executive vice president of the Cato Institute.
1. Raise the top income tax rates from their current 33% and 35% to 36% and 39.6% in 2011.
2. Implement a cap-and-trade system for emissions permits, the functional equivalent of a massive new energy tax.
3. Increase capital gains and dividend taxes by 33% for people already paying high income tax rates.
4. Raise a variety of business taxes by $353 billion over 10 years, including repeal of LIFO inventory rules, restoring Superfund taxes, levying seven tax increases on energy companies, and more.
5. Impose a value-added tax (VAT) on all goods and services.
6. Limit itemized deductions for people paying high rates.
7. Restore the estate tax at 45%.
8. Tax employer-provided cell phones.
9. Raise taxes on overseas corporate earnings.
10. Eliminate Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts.