1. Drill, baby, drill: Open ANWR, the Gulf of Mexico and the outer continental shelf to oil and natural gas production.
2. Nuclear power: Environmentalists who are alarmists about alleged man-made global warming and yet oppose building new nuclear power plants are hypocrites. If France can build nuke plants, why not the U.S?
3. Oil shale: We have more shale oil in U.S. mountains than the Saudis have oil in their reserves.
4. Kill Cap-and-trade: This bill is nothing more than a huge, job-destroying energy tax.
5. Yucca Mountain: A perfect place for a repository for our nuclear waste materials (see No. 2). Build it now.
6. Wind power: Not reliable and very expensive, but let T. Boone Pickens build his wind-power facilities. (And for good measure, build one off of Cape Cod just to annoy the Kennedys.)
7. Coal: The President has said, if we can put a man on the moon, we should be able to burn coal cleanly. We already can, and should burn more. We have a huge supply.
8. Electric grid: Rebuilding the nation’s electric grid to cut energy waste is one of the few sensible projects in the so-called “stimulus” legislation.
9. Solar power: While it will never produce as much power as its proponents say, why not use it when there are no taxpayer subsidies.
10. Conservation: As your parents told you: Turn off the lights when you leave the room. Every little bit helps.