1. The $825 billion package will exceed $1.1 trillion after the interest ($300 billion) to pay it back is added in.
2. The legislation could send billions of taxpayer dollars to groups like ACORN, which is under federal investigation for voter fraud.
3. The plan spends $650 million on digital TV coupons.
4. $600 million for new cars for the federal government.
5. $6 billion for colleges/universities — many of which have billion-dollar endowments.
6. $50 million in funding for the National Endowment of the Arts.
7. $150 million for the Smithsonian Institution.
8. $44 million for repairs to U.S. Department of Agriculture headquarters in D.C.
9. The plan establishes at least 32 new government programs at a cost of over $136 billion.
10. The legislation increases by seven million the number of people who get a check back from the IRS that exceeds what they paid in payroll and income taxes.