1. Democrats did not get a filibuster-proof Senate.
2. Democratic House gains were less than Nancy Pelosi predicted.
3. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky held onto his seat.
4. Many newly elected Republican House members are solid conservatives (See story on front page.)
5. California passed ballot initiative to ban same-sex marriages.
6. Colorado and Nebraska voters passed initiatives to outlaw government-sponsored affirmative action.
7. John McCain won 57% of the white male vote and 53% of the white female vote.
8. McCain won (barely) the middle class: those earning between $50,000 and $200,000.
9. 34% of voters identified themselves as conservatives, vs. 22% who said they were liberals.
10. Conservatives won’t have to listen to liberals for the next four years complain about how the election was stolen.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter