1. “Shame on you, Barack Obama. … Enough with the speeches and the big rallies and then sing tactics that are right out of Karl Rove’s playbook.”
—Hillary Clinton, Feb. 2, 2008, speech
2. “This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I’ve ever seen.”
—Bill Clinton, Jan. 8, 2008, at Dartmouth College.
3. “I think he can be ready but right now, I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job-training.”
—Joe Biden, responding to a question this year on whether Barack Obama was ready to be President.
4. “So you decide which makes more sense: Entrust our country to someone who is ready on day one … Or to put America in the hands of someone with little national or international experience, who started running for President the day he arrived in the U.S. Senate.”
—Hillary Clinton, from a Dec. 3, 2007, speech.
5. “When this campaign is over, political slogans like ‘experience’ and ‘change’ will mean absolutely nothing. The next President has to act.”
—Joe Biden, in a campaign ad before the Iowa caucus
6. “Well, you know, Sen. Obama, it is very difficult having a straight-up debate with you because you never take responsibility for any vote, and that has been a pattern.”
—Hillary Clinton at the Jan. 21, 2008, Democratic candidate debate.
7. “The more people learn about them [Obama and Hillary] and how they handle the pressure, the more their support will evaporate.”
—Joe Biden in an interview with the Huffington Post website.
8. “I know Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience that he will bring to the White House. And Sen. Obama has a speech he gave in 2002.”
—Hillary Clinton in a March 2008 campaign commercial.
9. “See, Barack’s been talking down to black people … I want to cut his nu—s off.”
—Jesse Jackson, speaking, he thought, off-mic July 6 while on Fox News.
10. “Now, I could stand up here and say, ‘Let’s just get everybody together. Let’s get unified.’ The skies will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect.”
—Hillary Clinton, mocking Obama at a Feb. 23, 2008, rally.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter