1. Representatives Terry Everett (Ala.), Rick Renzi (Ariz.), Duncan Hunter (Calif.), Ray LaHood (Ill.), J. Dennis Hastert (Ill.), Jerry Weller (Ill.), Jim Ramstad (Minn.), Chip Pickering (Miss.), Steve Pearce (N.M.) Heather Wilson (N.M.), Deborah Pryce (Ohio) and Ralph Regula (Ohio).
2. Three: Hunter, running for President, and Pearce and Wilson, both seeking U.S. Senate nomination.
3. Rep. Bill Young of Florida, who has served since 1970.
4. Gov. John W. Bricker, Republican nominee for Vice President in 1944.
5. Gov. James M. Cox, Democratic nominee for President in 1920.