1. Since the New Hampshire Presidential primary was first held in 1920, only one Democrat defeated in the primary has gone on to be President. Can you name him?
2. In the history of the primary, only one Republican who was defeated in the state has gone on to be President. Can you name him?
3. Only once in the history of the primary has an incumbent President been defeated. Who was he?
4. Who was the last person to win the New Hampshire primary as a write-in candidate?
5. When was the last time an incumbent President faced opposition in the New Hampshire primary?
1. Bill Clinton, who lost the 1992 primary to former Massachusetts Sen. Paul Tsongas.
2. George W. Bush, who lost the 2000 primary to Arizona Sen. John McCain.
3. Harry S. Truman, who lost the 1952 Democratic primary to Sen. Estes Kefauver (Tenn.)
4. President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1968, whose name did not appear on the ballot but who got 47% of the votes through write-ins. Sen. Eugene McCarthy (D.-N.H.), whose name was on the ballot, came in second with 43%.
5. Republican George H.W. Bush in 1992, who won the primary over Pat Buchanan.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter