In the most bizarre twist of a surreal campaign, Republicans could lose control of the House of Representatives due in part to disgraced Congressman Mark Foley’s salacious e-mails to under-aged pages.
If that happens, the beneficiary will be the party that has uncritically embraced the gay-rights movement — which in turn embraces other things.
Speaking of double standards:
In 1983, Massachusetts Congressman Gerry Studds was found to have had sexual relations with a 16-year-old male page (No mere cyber-stalking for the Bay State perv.) He was censured by the House, then repeatedly reelected by his ethically-challenged constituents, with the blessings of the Democratic Party.
In 1989, Barney Frank admitted to shacking up with a male prostitute, who he met through a personal ad in The Washington Blade (“hot bottom plus large endowment equals good time.”) Senor Large Endowment ran a prostitution ring out of the congressman’s D.C. condo. Frank was censured, then re-elected, with Democratic support. Today, he’s one of his party’s senior statesmen.
Bill Clinton copulated orally with intern Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office. Granted, Monica was an adult (chronologically, at least). But isn’t this about men in a position (you should pardon the expression) of authority exploiting young people in their charge?
His vice president, and the 2000 Democratic presidential candidate, called Mr. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zipper “one of our greatest presidents.”
And still the party of It’s-Only-About-Sex is trying to drive House Speaker Dennis Hastert from office. (“What did he know, and when did he know it?” they sputter, repeating their favorite Watergate refrain.) They intend to ride the issue like Seattle Slew — from here to November 7th. North Korean nukes, atomic Iran, worldwide jihad? Nada compared to erotic e-mails.
Now — at long last — the Democrats have their very own values issue, in the person of a pro-abortion, anti-traditional marriage (he voted against the federal marriage amendment) “Republican,” who slunk around in dark cyber alleys.
So, what exactly is the great lesson Democrats want us to learn from the Foley scandal?
Don’t talk dirty to kids?
But their Hollywood friends do it all the time. Besides, what is sex education — pushed by their friends in the teachers’ unions — if not talking dirty to kids?
Adults shouldn’t come on to adolescents?
But their allies in the gay rights movement want to lower or abolish age-of-consent laws.
Men shouldn’t be in a position where they can proposition teens?
But Democrats booed a Boy Scout color guard at their 2000 convention, because the Scouts said no to sending boys off into the woods with gay scoutmasters — which makes about as much sense as letting Bill Clinton sleep in a pup tent with cheerleaders.
We should support parents trying to protect teens from sexual predators?
But a Democratic filibuster in the Senate killed the Child Custody Protection Act, which would have made it a federal crime to take a minor across state lines for an abortion, thereby avoiding a parental-notification law in their home state. You think those 15-year-olds going out-of-state for abortions are impregnated by other 15-year-olds? In most cases, teen pregnancy results from statutory rape.
I guess the point the Hastert lynch mob is trying to make is this: The day of reckoning dawns only for Republicans.
Gay rights has become as much a part of Democratic orthodoxy as abortion-on-demand, racial quotas, driver’ licenses for illegal immigrants, and a blind faith in the power of negotiations to keep Kim Jong Il from developing nuclear weapons.
The Democrats are into mainstreaming the Gay Lobby. And many members of the Gay Lobby are into sex with youth.
- Heterosexual molesters at least have the good taste not to organize and lobby for their sickness. There is a North American Man-Boy Love Association (whose motto is “sex before eight or it’s too late”). There is no North American Man-Girl Love Association. NAMBLA often participates in gay-pride parades.
- Paeans to “intergenerational sex” permeate gay literature, from the poems of Alan Ginsberg to the play “The Vagina Monologues.” In one charming vignette in Eve Ensler’s play, a 13-year-old girl is plied with alcohol and seduced by a 24-year-old woman. The act is justified by the child’s declaration: “If it was rape, it was a good rape.” Following a protest, the girl’s age was changed to 16 (still younger than those Foley stalked) and the “good-rape” line deleted.
- The 1972 platform of the National Coalition of Gay Organizations included a demand for “repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent.”
- In 2004, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force joined with the Woodhull Freedom Foundation (an out-of-the-closet, sex-with-kids group) to focus first on studying America’s “archaic” sex laws, as a prelude to overturning them.
- In “The Gay Report,” prepared by two gay researchers, 73 percent of homosexuals surveyed reported having had sex with boys, aged 16 to 19, and in some cases younger.
- According to a study by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, 81 percent of priestly sex-abuse victims were boys and adolescent males. In coverage of the scandal, the media resolutely ignored this reality by referring to the perps as “pedophile priests,” instead of homosexual pedophile priests.
- Male homosexuals represent roughly 2.5 percent of the population, yet account for over one-third of adults who prey sexually on children. In other words, a gay male is 13 times as likely to be a sexual predator as a heterosexual male.
“We’re outraged by middle-aged men in trench coats cyber-flashing teens!” the Party of Feigned Morality declares. But if the explicit exchanges are spoken, written, or taught in the sacred name of AIDS education or tolerance training, the acts rise from the sordid to the sublime.
Consider instruction given to children as young as 12 at a March 2000 conference sponsored by — now get this — the Massachusetts Department of Education. (At least Foley wasn’t paid to come on to kids.)
Designated a statewide “Teach-Out,” one well-attended session was titled, “What They Didn’t Tell You About Queer Sex and Sexuality in Health Class.” Here children were instructed in such good-sex practices as the placing of hands in various body cavities.
The conference was secretly taped. Here’s one exchange that took place between a student and an instructor:
Educator: “What orifices are we talking about?”
Educator: “Don’t be shy, honey; you can do it.”
Student: “Your mouth.”
Student: “Your ass.”
Educator: “There you go.”
Student: “Your pussy. That kind of place.”
Comparing Foley’s instant messages (“What are you wearing?” “Don’t forget to measure for me.”) to this smut is like comparing Flopsey, Mopsey, and Cottontail to The Illustrated Marquis de Sade.
So the newly minted Party of Virtue, the Legion of Decency reborn, insists that Hastert must go and Republicans must lose control of the House because — unbeknownst to them — a pathetic little perv from the Sunshine State sent suggestive instant messages to pages.
Will the Democrats now turn over a new page and denounce efforts to abolish age of consent laws, support the Boy Scouts of America, and push for passage of the Child Custody Protection Act?
As soon as the election is over, their moral indignation over adults who come on to kids will be forgotten faster than Clinton’s campaign pledge of a middle-class tax cut or O.J. Simpson’s promise to spend the rest of his days tracking down the “real killers” of Nicole.
This article is reprinted with permission from FrontPageMag.com.