A cloture vote on the federal marriage amendment received 49 "yes" votes in the U.S. Senate last week and 48 "no" votes. The amendment itself needs 67 to be approved by the chamber. Seven Republicans voted no: Lincoln Chafee (R.I.), Susan Collins (Maine.), Judd Gregg (N.H.), John McCain (Ariz.), Olympia Snowe (Maine.), Arlen Specter (Pa.), and John Sununu (N.H.). One Republican abstained from voting: Chuck Hagel (Neb.).
- Lance Armstrong, Lyndon Johnson, and their Legacies of Cheating.
- The Plot Against the Small Businesses.
- Michigan Mischief: Senate Hearings Reveal Numerous Forms of Election Tampering
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.