On Saturday, Hillary was supposed to give the keynote speech at the 30th anniversary gala of the Connecticut Association of United Hispanic Agencies Inc. (or CAUSA) at the Hartford Civic Center. But she canceled her appearance because of a labor protest planned for outside the Civic Center, according to the association. Hillary’s camp confirmed that the senator’s withdrawal from the event, but offered no further comments, such as why exactly. The strikers are protesting that one of the sponsors of the CAUSA event is not guaranteeing work for minority contractors. One would think that Sen. Clinton, a strong supporter of unions and affirmative action, would actually appreciate what these protesters are doing, instead of running away. And now CAUSA is considering suing the union for making it lose Hillary and thousands of dollars in corporate sponsorship.
- Senator Rand Paul Makes Clear Transgender Debate is About More Than Children’s Toys
- Biden Orders Airstrikes in Syria: How is the Media Covering It?
- Amazon Prime Yanks Clarence Thomas Documentary During Black History Month
- The Oligarchical Revolution.
- PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE: Senate parliamentarian gives team-left bad news on wage hike