Concerned Women for America released a paper titled "The Top 10 Da Vinci Code Distortions," which sets the record straight on the many lies found in Dan Brown’s best-selling book The Da Vinci Code, which comes to theaters on May 19 in a film starring Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard.
Below are 10 false claims Brown makes in The Da Vinci Code.
10. Walt Disney was a devotee of the Mary Magdalene cult.
9. The Bible is an ever-changing, living document, not the established Word of God.
8. The “sacred feminine” was at the heart of the early church but was suppressed.
7. The Catholic group Opus Dei is a dangerous, secretive group.
6. Mary Magdalene, not the Apostle John, is to the left of Jesus in The Last Supper.
5. Jesus married Mary Magdalene and fathered a daughter with her.
4. The Da Vinci Code is based on fact, including secret documents found in Paris.
3. The New Testament Gospels are false, unlike the so-called “Gnostic Gospels.”
2. The church did not regard Jesus as divine until the 325 A.D. Council of Nicea.
1. Jesus Christ was just a man and not God.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter