The following quotes are my 10 favorite from my new book, "I’ve Always Been a Yankees Fan: Hillary Clinton In Her Own Words."
10. "It’s been said, and I think it’s accurate, that my husband was obsessed by terrorism in general and al-Qaida in particular."
(Hillary telling a post-9/11 world what a great commander in chief her husband was; Dateline, NBC 4/16/2004.)
9. "I have to admit that a good deal of what my husband and I have learned [about Islam] has come from our daughter."
(Circa 1996, at a White House function, Hillary proudly tells some Muslim groups she is gaining a greater appreciation of Islam because Chelsea was then taking a class on the "religion of peace"; TruthInMedia.org 8/8/1999.)
Note: See No. 4. Muslim groups, with ties to Hamas, were welcomed at the Clinton White House. But not Republicans.
8. "Many of you are well enough off that [President Bush’s] tax cuts may have helped you. We’re saying that for America to get back on track, we’re probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We’re going to have to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
(Hillary to her fellow liberals in a speech in San Francisco; SFGate.com 6/28/2004.)
7. "Why do I have to keep proving to people that I am not a liar?"
(First Lady Hillary in her 2000 Senate campaign; "The Survivor," p. 382, by John Harris.)
6. "A right-wing network was after his presidency…including perverting the Constitution."
(To Barbara Walters about the Republicans who impeached her husband; 20/20, ABC 6/8/2003.)
Note: Even though it is common knowledge what Clinton did with Monica Lewinsky and a cigar, Hillary claims the Republicans are the perverts.
5. "Son of a bitch."
(Hillary’s opinion of President George W. Bush when she found out he secretly visited Iraq just days before her highly publicized trip to Iraq; "American Evita," p. 259, by Christopher Anderson.)
4. "What are you doing inviting these people into my home? These people are our enemies! They are trying to destroy us!"
(Hillary’s reaction to an aide, when she found out that some Republicans had been invited to the Clinton White House, circa 1993; "The Survivor," p. 99, by John Harris.)
Note: She said this just months after Islamic terrorists bombed the World Trade Center, attempting to kill everyone at the WTC complex.
3. "I mean, you’ve got a conservative and right-wing press presence with really nothing on the other end of the political spectrum."
(Hillary complains about the mainstream media, which are all conservatives in her opinion; aired on C-Span, 1/19/1997.)
2. "Come on Bill, put your dick up. You can’t **** her here."
(Hillary to Gov. Clinton when she spots him talking with an attractive female at an Arkansas political rally; "Inside The White House," p. 243, by Ronald Kessler.)
1. "You sold out, you mother******! You sold out."
(While an intern on Capitol Hill, Hillary Rodham yells at a prominent Democrat lawyer because he was representing someone from a large, profit-driven corporation; "Inside," p. 213, by Joseph Califano.)
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter