The following is a list of outside witnesses who will testify in favor and against Samuel Alito’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.
* Stephen Tober, Chairman, ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary.
* Marna Tucker, D.C. Circuit Representative of the ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary.
* John Payton, Federal Circuit Representative of the ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary.
* Edward R. Becker, U.S. Court of Appeals Judge (Senior)
* Anthony J. Scirica, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
* Maryanne Trump Berry, U.S. Court of Appeals Judge
* Ruggero J. Aldisert, U.S. Court of Appeals Judge (Senior)
* Leonard I. Garth, U.S. Court of Appeals Judge (Senior) – via video
* John J. Gibbons, U.S. Court of Appeals Judge (Retired). He is the founding partner at Gibbons, Del Deo, Dolan, Griffinger, and Vecchione.
* Timothy K. Lewis, U.S. Court of Appeals Judge (Retired). He is currently co-chair of the Appellate Practice Group at Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP.
* Cathy Fleming, a Partner at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP.
* Michael J. Gerhardt, the Samuel Ashe Distinguished Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of North Carolina School of Law.
* Peter Kirsanow, a Commissioner to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, and Partner at Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan and Aronoff LLP.
* Samuel Issacharoff, the Bonnie and Richard Reiss Professor of Constitutional Law at New York University School of Law.
* Carter Phillips, the Managing Partner of Sidley Austin LLP.
* Goodwin Liu, an Assistant Professor of Law at the University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall.
* Nora Demleitner, a Professor of Law at Hofstra University School of Law.
* Erwin Chemerinsky, the Alston & Bird Professor of Law and Professor of Political Science at Duke University Law School.
* Anthony Kronman, the Sterling Professor of Law, Yale Law School, and the former Dean of Yale Law School.
* Beth Nolan, a partner in Crowell & Moring LLP’s Litigation Group, and Counsel to the President, 1999-2001.
* Charles Fried, the Beneficial Professor of Law, Harvard Law School and U.S. Solicitor General, 1985-89.
* Laurence H. Tribe, the Professor of Constitutional Law at Harvard Law School.
* Fred Gray, a senior partner at Gray, Langford, Sapp, McGowan, Gray & Nathanson.
* Kate Michelman, previous president of the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL) Pro-Choice America.
* Ronald S. Sullivan, Jr., an Associate Clinical Professor of Law and Supervising Attorney at Yale Law School.
* Amanda Frost, an Assistant Professor of Law at American University’s Washington College of Law.
* John G.S. Flym, a retired Professor of Law at Northeastern University School of Law.
* Kate Pringle, a Partner at Friedman, Kaplan, Seiler and Adelman LLP.
* The Hon. Charles A. Gonzalez (D-TX), the Representative for the 20th District of Texas.
* The Hon. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL), the Representative for the 20th District of Florida.
* Jack White, an Associate at Kirkland and Ellis LLP in San Francisco.
* Reginald M. Turner, Jr., President of the National Bar Association (NBA).
* Theodore Shaw, President of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.