A fake story about the “independent nation of Narnia” was picked up by Forbes magazine’s website today. In the bogus account, Narnia abandoned WTO negotiations in Hong Kong after being strong-armed by the US and UK. The story alleged “major powers were attempting to enforce liberalization of its clothing sector.” Upset with such treatment, Narnia spokesperson Susan Aslan said the Narnia delegation was going back to their state capital “Cair Parvel.” After learning of the hoax, Forbes quickly took down the story.
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.