1) Under pressure, N.D. Senator Byron Dorgan is giving back $67,000 in tribal gifts that may have been connected to Jack Abramoff
2) Doctored Photo Controversy: “The RNC is pimping a mute and unnamed soldier not just to defend the Iraq war but to imply that Democrats are white-handkerchief-waving cowards who want the United States to lose.” — Slate.
3) Redstate.org speculates there could be a Giuliani/Brownback ’08 ticket.
4) “The case for New Hampshire can be put in a name: Gene McCarthy. The small state gives an unknown underdog challenger, practicing retail politics, a fighting chance.” — George Will.
5) OPINION NEEDED: I’m looking for a conservative who thinks Arnold should have granted Tookie clemency. So far, I can’t find one. If you fit this description, email your thoughts to me at MLewis@campaignleadership.com. I will post the best response here.
Sign up to the Human Events newsletter