By a vote of 48-51 the Senate blocked Sen. Maria Cantwell??¢â???¬â???¢s (D.-Wash.) amendment to the budget reconciliation bill prohibiting drilling in Alaska??¢â???¬â???¢s Artic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) last week. Then, in another Sen. Ron Wyden (D.-Ore.) and Sen. Jim Talent??¢â???¬â???¢s (R.-Mo.) bi-partisan amendment to prevent ANWR oil and gas from being exported was passed 83-16. Meanwhile, in the House, ANWR drilling remains a major obstacle in moving forward on deficits cuts and is being negotiated with food stamps and student loans by moderate Republicans.
- Freshman GOP Rep. Files Articles of Impeachment Against Biden…On Day 1
- Biden rejoins Paris Climate Agreement: What Does This Mean for America?
- Elon Musk Should Build Us a Better Internet.
- Biden Signs Executive Order Requiring Masks on Federal Property, Then Goes Maskless at Lincoln Memorial
- Biden Signs Several Executive Orders that Help Illegal Immigrants