Conspiracy theorist Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D.-Ga.), who has said the Bush administration suppressed prior knowledge of 9-11 to up defense contractor profit, was slapped with a $33,000 fine from the Federal Elections Commission last Friday. After losing her Democratic primary in 2002 to Denise Majette, McKinney failed to return unspent monies to her donors. At the end of her unsuccessful race, McKinney had $106,425 in excessive contributions, but only reimbursed $34,199 of those funds to donors. Along with her $33,000 (which is more than McKinney currently has in her coffers) McKinney may also have to reimburse donors up to $72,000.
- Certified or Certifiable? Arizona Election Results Called Into Serious Question
- Without a Special Counsel, There Might Never Be a Durham Report.
- President’s Path to Reelection Continues to Narrow
- Resistance to Vaccination Could Prolong the U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Obama Talks and Talks and Talks About His Memoir and His Greatness.