What was a small group of veteran Democratic operatives meeting privately this week in Georgetown talking about? They were discussing alternatives to Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee for President in ??¢â???¬â???¢08, because they don??¢â???¬â???¢t see Hillary as a winner. The name of Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh aroused the most enthusiasm, according to one of the participants. Bayh, a former Democratic Leadership Council chairman, has $9.5 million remaining in his ??¢â???¬â???¢04 Senate re-election campaign treasury, enough to launch a presidential campaign.
- Fed Holds Policy Steady, Predicts Economy Will Bounce Back Later This Year
- Biden v. Xenophobia: New Executive Order Bans Term ‘China Virus’
- Biden Plans to Vaccinate 300m Americans By Fall, Thanks to Trump’s Operation Warp Speed
- ‘DEAD ON ARRIVAL’: Rand Paul, 45 GOP Senators Vote to Dismiss Trump’s Impeachment as Unconstitutional
- President Biden Talks About “Unity,” When What He Really Means Is Uniformity and Conformity.