Conservative Republican Study Committee Chairman Mike Pence (Ind.) told a gathering at the Heritage Foundation Tuesday that his federal media shield bill protecting reporters??¢â???¬â???¢ confidential sources could get a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee before Congress breaks for Christmas. Judiciary Chairman James Sensenbrenner (R.-Wis.) has been reluctant to hold hearings on the legislation, known as the Free Flow of Information Act (HR 3323), until the Justice Department drops its opposition to the bill. The Senate Judiciary Committee has already reviewed the bill twice. ??¢â???¬?????Our legislation is not about protecting reporters, it??¢â???¬â???¢s about protecting the public??¢â???¬â???¢s right to know,??¢â???¬ Pence said. ??¢â???¬?????As a conservative who believes in limited government, I believe that the only check on government power in real time is a free and independent press.??¢â???¬
- Biden set to cancel Keystone XL pipeline during his first days in office: what will it mean for consumers?
- ‘IS THIS THING ON?’ Parler’s website back online after Big Tech blackout hiatus
- Calls to “Rein In” the Media Latest Form of “Newspeak”
- Facebook and Twitter Are Not Local Bakeries.
- High-Profile Businesses Severing all Ties with the Trump Organization